Fees and funding

As a student from Canada, you’ll most likely be classified as an international student in regards to the tuition fees you’ll pay, so the information on this page applies to overseas fees.

However, other factors may impact your fee status.

Take a look at The UK Council for International Student Affairs’ website if you’re unsure of what tuition fees you should pay.

Tuition fees cover the cost of teaching and use of facilities while you’re at UAL. You’ll need to pay them at the start of each academic year while you’re studying with us.

Below is a list of yearly tuition fees for our courses for the 2016/17 academic year:

  • Foundation Diploma in Art and Design: £14,040
  • Foundation Studies in Performance (including cultural visit fees): £12,900
  • Preparation courses for international students: £14,040
  • Foundation degree (FdA) and undergraduate degree courses (BA, BSc and Integrated Masters): £17,230 per year
  • 45 week standard rate MA: £17,230
  • 60 week standard rate MA: £22,140
  • Postgraduate Diploma: £11,490
  • Postgraduate Certificate: £5,745

You can also take a look at the Fees and Funding Calculator on our UK site to estimate how much your studies may cost you in your first year, and what funding may be available to you.

Tuition fees only apply to the cost of tuition and don’t include living costs. According to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), international students coming to study in London will need £1,020 for every month of study. This means that for a 9 month course, you’ll need a minimum of £9,180. This is in addition to your tuition fees, and includes accommodation, food and local travel, but of course this will vary according to your lifestyle.

As a student from Canada, you may be able to take out a loan of up to $10,000 to study at UAL through the Royal Bank of Canada.

Our Funding team can help you with the pre and post enrolment loan forms that will be sent to you by the government. Additionally, they can assist with TL11A tax forms. Once you have your forms, you’ll need to send them to funding@arts.ac.uk.

Loan applications must be made through the student assistance office for your region. Take a look at our Canadian Financial Aid Guide for more information.

UAL has a limited number of scholarships, bursaries and awards available, generally at postgraduate level.

Take a look at the Scholarships Search on our UK website to find out if there’s a fund for you.

If you have any questions about our courses, you can get in touch with our Canadian representatives:
For eastern Canada, contact Jess at jess@ualcanada.ca.
For western Canada, contact Pennylane at pennylane@ualcanada.ca.