University of the Arts London Application Tips
If you’re a Canadian student applying to any of the University of the Arts London’s six colleges, it’s important to ensure your application is complete.
When applying through the UAL Canada office a successful application must include the following elements:
- An accurate application form, completed as clearly as possible
- A well-written personal statement
- Reference letters (one or two)
- Current academic transcript copies
- Your portfolio and sketchbooks in hard copy or digital format (as required)
- Selection of original work (approx 25 pieces)
- IELTS/UKVI if English is not your first language
- Photocopy of your current passport
- 2016-2017 Tier 4 Immigration History Form
- Preparation for interview
Portfolio Preparation Tips
There are excellent resources to help you prepare your portfolio, and understand what is expected:
Only by looking at your work can we assess your skills and strengths, how you develop your ideas, and whether or not you’re suitable for the University of the Arts London.
When assessing a portfolio, understanding the processes you use to develop your work is as important as the final work itself. This is why you must include your sketchbooks, drawings, and any visual research and planning used in the development of your work, even if unfinished. These essential elements should be included whether you are submitting your portfolio digitally or in person at a portfolio review.
What to include in your personal statement